BackArabian Sea

Arabian Sea

Houthi
2026-08-05 21:20:42

Houthis Claim Fresh Attack on Saudi Oil Tankers as Trump Says US-Iran Deal Within 48 Hours

According to a ChainCatcher report citing Jin10, Houthi forces have again claimed attacks on Saudi oil tankers, bringing to 29 the total number of Saudi tankers forced to retreat in the Red Sea and Arabian Sea. Trump said a US-Iran deal will be decided within 48 hours, with a 50% chance. Iran's foreign ministry also said it is close to reaching a Strait of Hormuz agreement with Oman, though the new shipping route is expected to be usable for only 2 to 4 months.

570
Houthis Claim Fresh Attack on Saudi Oil Tankers as Trump Says US-Iran Deal Within 48 Hours
Strait of Hor
2026-08-05 13:47:21

Draft Strait of Hormuz agreement finalized, awaiting approval from Iran’s supreme leader

Negotiators from Iran and Oman have finalized a draft agreement on the Strait of Hormuz and are now waiting for final approval from Iran’s supreme leader, according to an Associated Press report cited by BlockBeats on Aug. 5. Two Gulf officials told the AP that the draft has already been settled. Earlier in the day, reports said the United States, Iran, and Oman were close to reaching a 60-day interim arrangement to reopen the Strait of Hormuz. Under the proposed plan, vessels entering the Persian Gulf would travel through shipping lanes in Iranian waters, while ships leaving the strait for the Arabian Sea would pass through lanes in Omani waters. The proposal also says no transit fees or shipping charges would be collected during the initial 60-day period. In addition, the parties agreed to clear naval mines in the Strait of Hormuz area to restore safer shipping conditions and create room for talks on a longer-term passage arrangement.

570
Draft Strait of Hormuz agreement finalized, awaiting approval from Iran’s supreme leader
ChainCatcher
2026-08-02 15:26:41

US Central Command says Marine Corps F-35C launched from USS Abraham Lincoln

According to a report cited by ChainCatcher from Jinshi, US Central Command said a US Marine Corps F-35C stealth fighter launched from the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72). The carrier was operating in the Arabian Sea and was supporting a US blockade operation targeting Iran. Central Command also said that, as of Aug. 2, Central Command in the Middle East had redirected 35 commercial vessels, rendered 2 commercial ships inoperable, and conducted boarding inspections on 2 vessels. The update was published as a short newsflash by ChainCatcher. No additional details were provided in the source text beyond the carrier’s location, the aircraft involved, and the figures related to the shipping actions reported by US Central Command.

700
US Central Command says Marine Corps F-35C launched from USS Abraham Lincoln